Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year, No Meat

So after eating our last meat at 11:59 pm last night, Jesse and I (roommates and former meat lovers) welcomed in the new year by swearing off meat--and fish--for one month. Meanwhile, in Boston, Laura is doing the same.

I didn't think giving up meat would be that tough, and I kinda want to do it just to see if I can, but I think it will be a little difficult to remind myself daily that meat is off limits. For example, today Jesse and I ran out to run some errands and grab lunch. Without thinking, I suggested Chik-Fil-A without even realizing that pretty much everything on their menu would make us break our pact a mere 10 hours into the month. Next up? Sushi. Before I quickly realized we'd given up fish too. So tofu it was.

Good thing Jesse and Laura are around to make me stick with it, but I think it's gonna be a long month....

No comments:

Post a Comment