Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year, New Ideas

It's 11:31 pm and I’m just writing this post. I have been at work, where I had to turn down our dorm meal of chicken with vegetables. I was annoyed because it looked really good. It was toast with peanut butter at 10 pm instead.

Anyway, so here’s to a year of trying something new each month for 12 months straight. This is a big commitment, and honestly, a little overwhelming. I work in a mental health facility with teenage girls, and pretty much every shift something crazy happens. (Like today, this girl put herself in a cage and read a book??). My hours are sporadic and draining. And for some reason, I decided to join the bandwagon on this project and make life even more hectic.

This vegetarian thing is going to be tough. I wanted to eat meat twice today alone, and I am already wondering why we can’t have a “freebie”. I’m just glad I have people to hold me accountable to this challenge.

I should go to bed. I have to be back at work in eight and a half hours for a 14 hour shift. Oh the joys.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Laura,
    You never make things easy for yourself do you? I love this idea for a blog (it seems a lot more realistic than the 101 in 1001 challenge) and I look forward to seeing what challenges/goals you set yourself for the next 11 months. I am sure that you will do great this month, you just need to give yourself a few more days to get into the swing of being meat-free.
    Beccie x

    PS-I thought about you so much today, I wish you had been with me, we would have had such a laugh; I had to do a treasure hunt in Islington and EC1 to get myself acquainted with the area I will be working in and needless to say I spent the majority of the day 'in the map!'

    ReplyDelete