Sunday, January 17, 2010

All veggies, all the time.

Howdy, Internet Friends!

So, two whole weeks into this thing, and I think being a vegetarian might stick. There's something kind of fun about telling people you're a vegetarian, and even though I'm still a "baby veg" I feel much healthier. I know people usually become educated/enlightened before they decide to be vegetarians, rather than doing it as a 'dare' with your friends, but I seem to have come about this from the opposite direction. Jesse and I watched the documentary "Food Inc." last week, and I don't ever have a desire to eat meat ever again. Watching how it's processed, how poorly they treat the workers and the farmers, and seeing those chickens with the giant, genetically modified boobies that are so big they can't even walk (kind of like Pamela Anderson chickens I guess) I have no desire to eat that shiz ever again.

Growing up, my dad raised rabbits and chickens. They served the dual purpose of pets and food. "Know your meat" was his motto. I think I agree. If/when I do add meat back into my diet, I want to know where it came from, how it was treated, and know that it lived a good life before it kicked the proverbial bucket.

So anyway, some vegetarian highlights from the past two weeks: I couldn't eat any canned soup because pretty much all of it is made with chicken stock; one day I ate a foot-long veggie sub from Subway--a first for me, and I ordered collard greens at Sagebrush Steakhouse and they were covered in bacon bits.

The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment