Monday, February 1, 2010

Throwback to My Childhood!

I am so relieved our month of vegetarianism has come to an end. I found our January challenge really tough. There is no doubt that I enjoyed the journey, though, and I certainly will be changing my eating habits as a result of my experience. I will only be eating meat from free range, organic and grass-fed animals. As for the fish side of the story, I have yet to decide. My dad catches lobsters in the summer in Maine, and I know those are totally free range without hormones and all that. I think I will have to give in! I am celebrating the end of vegetarianism with a delicious grilled hamburger tonight...I could dance I am so excited! I bought the beef from a local butcher who supplies his meat from a local Maine farmer. This meat has not been through a mass-processing plant, and I am *so* relieved to have that knowledge.

One month down, 11 to go!

As Jesse said, this month we get to be crafty, artsy folk -- a throwback to my childhood! Growing up, I learned to cross stitch, made friendship bracelets, created sand art, played with Fimo clay, made play dough, and all sorts of other projects. I am looking forward to this new way of life. This artsy side has quietly resided in me over the years, and I am excited for its re-development!

My first project will be a paint by number...yes, I am not kidding. I know it may seem like I am cheating, but it still takes skill to paint in those tiny areas and patience to follow all the individual colors. To prove that I am not doing something by a three year old, I will take a picture and post it before I begin.

1 comment:

  1. Being crafty sounds more fun than being vegetarian for a month. How crafty are you going to be, are there a set number of craft tasks you have to do each month, or just whenever you feel like it?
    Hope you enjoyed the hamburger.
    xx

    ReplyDelete