Monday, February 15, 2010

Flat Packed Furniture

So, admittedly, I have been slacking on my precious paint by number. I have made progress, but even after hours of work, it does not look like progress on the canvas! I am determined to finish it, but I doubt that will happen by the end of the month. Here is proof that this paint by number is not for a three year old...


I have been back to my knitting though. It is much easier to keep up with it, because I can take it to work and make progress when the kids sleep (if that happens on my shift..). My roommate taught me how to combine the next ball of yarn, and it's coming together well. Hopefully I will finish with some extra yarn to make another project. :)

Does putting together furniture count as being an artisan?? Because if so, I definitely caught up on hours yesterday! Good lord. I went to the amazing Ikea with my roommate, because he needed furniture. He lives in this awesome loft in our house, with tons of space, but he has been neglecting the space without any furniture. So, we descended on Ikea yesterday...five hours, an encounter with a drugged up employee named Jeff, $1200, multiple curse words, and many trips around the store later, we left with a sofa, two bedside tables, an easy chair, an ottoman and a tv stand. We arrived home around 7:30 last night and put together furniture until 10 pm for a dinner break. We continued until 12:30 this morning. We put together everything but the sofa and the easy chair (which is arriving today). I'm excited for him because it's going to look incredible when it's all done. I think I have had enough of Ikea for quite some time.

My exhaustion and delierum was demonstrated by our quest for Starbucks on the way home. We used my GPS to find the nearest Starbucks, but when we arrived at our destination, we realized it was Starbucks inside a Target store. This was not your average Target. There was a parking garage below the Target, and escalators to the shopping floor once you enter. There was even an escalator for your shopping cart! Anyway, we were in desperate need of caffeine, and I was not fully coherent. I saw an escalator and walked towards it, but suddenly I noticed I was not moving anywhere. Of course, I had tried to up the down escalator. It was quite the sight. I quickly ran to the proper escalator while dying of laughter, and I'm sure other people were wondering what the hell had happened to me. Oh, wait, I had spent five hours in Ikea...

No comments:

Post a Comment