Monday, February 8, 2010

Tales from the Craft

I consider myself a very crafty person. I've sewn quilts and placemats, knit scarves, tie dyed t-shirts, made jewelry, painted, embroidered--you name it, I've probably tried it. I've had a few failed crafts over the years I must admit. Like the time I decided to make flip-flops out of construction paper...those didn't last very long outside, sadly ruining my hopes and dreams to become a famous paper shoe designer one day.

But alas, this month should have been a piece of cake. But I managed to forget that I also work full-time. Hence the challenge. Usually by the time I get home, I'm exhausted and don't feel like doing much of anything, least of all be crafty. Herein lies the challenge.

I kind of laid low the first week and didn't get much done (read: nothing). But Saturday, Jesse and I went to fabric store and I was overwhelmed with creative desires. (Sounds hot, right?) So Saturday night, I made 4 cloth napkins that match some placemats I made a few years ago (pictures to follow). It was fun "getting to know" a new sewing machine--Jesse's from childhood. I also got materials to make a few throw pillows and curtains from my room. Not to mention some ideas for beading, knitting, and other ideas I have floating around. So anyway, I should be busy for a while. Pictures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment