Monday, February 15, 2010

Are we there yet?

I apologize if my blogs are getting less and less creative. I have drained all my creativity on cards- gag. Alright so I have quickly remembered why I never stuck with any craft ever...I get so bored. I had intentions to make around 15 Valentines Day cards. So it is a couple days after the big day and I am still mailing a few cards, and I also only made 9. I apologize if you were expecting one- it does not mean I did not think of you-- rather it means I saved you from an off-centered card. I feel that crafting to me is not relaxing or fun, rather it is stressful and seems like work. I love being creative and think I have a good imagination but when the rubber hits the road- I fall short every time. I have a partially done cross stitch and a TON of leftover Valentines Day paper to show for my efforts- depressing if you ask me.

So above you see a selection of cards (you also have to turn your head 90 degrees to the right, or your computer 90 degrees to the left to see the cards right side up). I also apologize about this-- blogger was not being cooperative, or maybe it was the other way around.
I am moving to something different this week- sewing pillows. (I know this week has already started-- yet I first have to learn how to actually sew) Whoa I know- I mean if I cannot manage cards out of paper, how can I cover pillows? At least if all else fails, I know JMo can and will make the pillows, in 20 minutes flat. So I will have a picture of a pillow and you will have to guess who made it. Should be relatively easy to tell the difference.

This month so far has been more of a pain than it has been fun, interesting, or enlightening. I am not crafty, so making myself do this was similar to making myself write papers in college. Something I did begrudgingly 3 hours before due. Since there are not really due dates for crafting, just self-imposed expectations, this will likely not be my shining month. I mean we all know that discipline is not a strong point of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment