Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Moral Dilemmas

Just a tiny update on the crafting: I spent a week crossstitching, and sadly did not get very far at all. I spent the majority of my time trying to get the three large pieces of string through the tiny tiny pin hole of the needle. Joshua- this crossstitch maybe hanging on your wall a bit later than planned. This week I am moving on to card making- Valentines Day cards to be exact. So I am setting off with a large supply of paper, stamps, embossing materials, and lots of love to see if I can get a decent number of cards made in time to mail Friday. JMo and I also went to the fabric store, and I have a ton of stylish fabrics ready to make pillows galore. I had aspirations to make curtains, but when I figured the cost I sadly realized I could buy curtains that are guaranteed to look good for much cheaper. I will post a pic of a finished VDay card soon- or if you are lucky, you will receive one in the mail.

You may have started off reading the title and saying how on earth is there a moral dilemma with crafting? Could it be refraining from shouting obscenities everytime I get a knot in my string while crossstitching? Or battling between which color combo best suits a pair of jeans in the crossstitch? Or getting over the guilt from spending way too much money on crafting supplies, specifically paper? (At least being a vegetarian was free)

Well you are right, there is not a moral dilemma in crafting (thus far). My moral dilemmas harp back onto last month. First, lets set the record straight, unlike the others- I have yet to eat meat. (I win!) Who would have thought I would be 'that' girl? To be honest, I haven't decided what I want to do and until then I am refraining.

Dilemma 1: Post-January (ie February) my mother just up and leaves for Miami one day (fyi my parents are way cooler than I am) but calls to tell me to go get the chicken out of the frig. She had laid it out for dinner, but then since they decided to leave work early and head to Miami- I needed to eat it so it would not go bad. Here was the dilemma- I didn't want to eat the meat, but at what point is it a worse decision to throw perfectly good chicken into the trash than to support mass produced chicken? PS- I did not eat the chicken.
Dilemma 2: Our church chili cook-off. This was only a dilemma because I LOVE chili and all forms of it. And I got a call asking to be a taste judge (quite an honor). While I turned down this judging position and chose not to consume any of the chili, I was still sad to loose the authority in being a part of the competition and honor of choosing the chili bowl champion.
Dilemma 3: Today at work I find a stick of beef jerky in my mailbox. A gift from heaven? I think so, or just a really nice person. For those of you who do not know, I also LOVE beef jerky. So because of the wonderful combination of great kindness and a ridiculous love of beef jerky, I will probably indulge myself. I mean its bought, am I right guys?

1 comment: