Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Meditation March

So there it is- I gave it away right off the bat. We are doing meditation for the month of March. While some may think this is boring and will not elicit many funny blogs- I will make it my month goal to prove you wrong (so I don't want to hear it- haters). So I have been meditating for the past 3 mornings, for 10 minutes a morning. I actually despise waking up 10 minutes earlier at this point, but hopefully once I find the benefits of meditating I will gladly wake up.

By meditating, I don't really know what that means yet. I sit in one room of the house, where the door actually shuts, so Mannie does not come and drool on me (she pees on JMo and drools on me- I guess I got the better end). I just set my alarm for 10 minutes and sit there with my eyes closed. Today I actually focused on breathing in and out (tough I know) and one sentence. When the alarm when off and scared me to death, I realized I was thinking about something completely different. At least on Day 3 I was thinking about something when the alarm went off instead of thinking I fell asleep. Maybe I will get the hang of meditation.

No comments:

Post a Comment